Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New Eighteenth Century-Style Shoes Available

Shoes, shoes, shoes!

American Duchess has designed and arranged for the production of silk shoes in a style suitable for the 1750s - 1770s. They're covered in real silk, dyable, and you can lace the lachets with bows or set buckles on them.

They go on sale April 1st, and for that day, American Duchess is offering them at $85.00. She must sell 100 pairs to get the production run, so I am really hoping enough of us can order -- I am! I will be wearing not only for events but because they're so cute, for church and going out, too.

Read about the shoes on her post Introducing the "Georgiana" 18th Century Shoes by American Duchess.

Read about how Lauren designed and arranged for their production: it's a neat story!

4 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Isn't it exciting!!! I've bought a pile of silk in England to make into beeeootiful things and I'm going to need shoes :)

ZipZip said...

You have have bought silk? Oh my! What does it look like? Hope you show off your treasures. So cool that whatever you make with them will also be imbued with memories of your trip.

Very best,

Natalie

Anonymous said...

These are stunning, I hope to order a pair!

ZipZip said...

Cool! Hope you do! Lauren Reeser is really making a go of her business, and we're all supporting her efforts.

Very best,

natalie